I encountered a strange compilation error recently in BizTalk 2004 when importing a web service.
While I can’t put my finger on the exact cause yet, I do have a fix that works.
When you see an error message like:
C:\Project\Web References\ExtRef\MyOrch.odx(445,23): error X2044: symbol '@@@@' is already defined; the first definition is in assembly @@@.dll : It may be possible to disambiguate by using fully qualified names.
The way to fix this error is to do the following:
- Open the orchestration in Notepad (In my case MyOrch.odx)
- Do a find (Ctrl+F) for “#endif // __DESIGNER_DATA”
- Delete all the code below that line
- Save your file in Notepad
- Say yes when Visual Studio asks if you want to update your file
Note: The code will not be regenerated until you edit an expression shape, etc. Add a “//” or something and you will then see the code re-appear when you open it in Notepad again.
I hope this may serve to save someone time, it took a while for me to figure it out.